What is PHP?
- PHP stands for Hypertext preprocessor.
- PHP is a server-side scripting language like ASP.
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP supports many databases (MySql, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC., etc..)
- PHP is open-source software.
- PHP is free to download and use.
- PHP's syntax and semantics are similar to most other programming languages(C, Java, and Perl) with the addition that all PHP code is contained with a tag, of sorts.
What is a PHP File?
- PHP files can contain text, HTML tags, and scripts.
- PHP files are returned to the browser as plain HTML.
- PHP files have a file extension of ".php",".php3", or "phtml".
History of PHP
PHP was first made as a simple scripting platform called “Personal Home Page”. these days PHP (The short for Hypertext Preprocessor) is an option in contrast to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) innovation.
PHP is an open-source server-side language that is utilized for making dynamic site pages. PHP is generally utilized related to a Mysql database on Linux/Unix web servers. It is presumably the most famous scripting language.
PHP is a broadly utilized universally useful scripting language and translator that is uninhibitedly accessible. A full clarification of all the PHP labels, total client manual, and loads of instructional exercises can be found on the PHP’s authentic page.
- PHP runs on different platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today(Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP is free to download from the official PHP site. (www.php.net)
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server-side.